Sunday, March 3, 2013

Teasing me...


As many of you know I am not only a fiberest at heart from knitting, sewing, to my all encompassing felting BUT I am also a gardener.  I love growing everything!  And I hope to one day be able to retire and retire someplace really warm like Mexico, where I can grow exotic fruits and grow veggies all year long. 

So when I had that 45degree day this past week, where you could just taste spring coming in the air I was ready.  I headed off to clean up the garden where I consult, helped a 3rd grade class pick one of the new beds for their project, and make a to do list for when I would be fully mobile and less limpy (stupid knee surgeries are catching up to me).  And I made a huge list of seeds to purchase.

So today, when I get up and I see light snow I think OK, its just getting it out of it's system.  But it is now almost 11am and the sidewalks are gone, the plow has gone by 2x's, and I can see that my car not only needs gas but will need to be uncovered.  sigh...I want spring, the trees want spring (you can see their buds are starting to turn colors), the birds want spring (they are trying to nest in the air vent from the oven), and most importantly my kids have cabin fever....

In honor of spring teasing me here is a nice photo of my felte dryier balls.  They will be referred to as "snowballs" for Yankee Peddler but everywhere else, they are dryier balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment