Sunday, March 10, 2013

Painting with Felt

I know that it was sunny and warm and felt a lot like spring today.  I know that I was just complaining about spring teasing me and how I absolutely hate that in-between seasons.  But I could not help myself, I just had to spend the day inside. 

The reason for abstaining from peering through the leaf mulch, looking for signs of spring?  Felting class, not taking one but teaching one.  I was honored to meet 2 lovely ladies this morning who were thrilled to learn a little bit about felting.  I love that they have been around abit and are still willing to learn!  Awesome, awesome day. 

They each created 2 pieces and went with a more abstract version of landscapes.  I would love to see what they end up doing with the pieces in the end...







 

And so after 4 hours of felting, needle felting and sharing stories my two lovely ladies went home.  They have relatively quiet homes to go to, I have a house full of boys, messy boys, boys who like to jump and make everything into swords.  So, instead of dutifully packing up and heading home like a good little mommy I played a little hookey (it's never to late!).
 
 
Now, before you call children services or anything, my 2 gremlins were off at their abuello's being ornery, snacking, and basically being as spoiled as possible.  My husband was most likely at home playing video games, which left me with either 1. staying at Peninsula Art Academy and felting or 2. packing it all up, heading home, unpacking and then finish painting the next wall in the living room.   Of course I chose #1!  I mean, all the fiber stuff is already out, I have my kindle on pinterest so I can look at my fiber inspiration board and there is no spackle to be sanded or wall needing to be painted there.
 
So, I did 3 pieces, a swing, a path in the woods with spring flowers, and a forest of birch trees in flowers.  Here is the start of the birch tree one:
 
Can't wait to finish it off with the details!  But alas, it has to dry...and so I wait impatiently...sigh....
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment