Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's been a month

AACKK...I was reminded last night at SnB that I have not posted in a month..shame on me.  Life has been busy: potty training a 2yr old, trying to organize and move things around for the baby to come, and try to play with my fiber...nesting?  I might be nesting...

So with all that in mind, I brought in the help (grandparents can be bribed with their only grandson) to tear out the bar in the basement.  The bar was not being used as a bar, it had no alcohol in it, this does not mean it was a 'dry' bar but rather a glorified closet space with no doors.  In such a tiny house why do we have such an unused space?  Especially with a 2nd kid coming? And the fact that our 3rd 'bedroom' is really just a glorified hallway where we dump stuff and I try to sew/play with fiber?  I am not about to put the 2yr old there, nor the baby.  Nightmares of my son escaping into the night to become feral (would not take but a night to accomplish), or someone coming in and taking my baby is not how I want to spend my life at this house.  Hence, the destruction of the bar.


The discussion.  Grandpa Ken and the kid are 'discussing' what comes next.  I didn't make it down there before deconstruction started, but imagine a large bar top that extended from the right of the photo to the left. It came out rather easily (especially since I was just watching and holding bits, gotta love the pregnancy excuse!).




Isn't it cute to watch the indocternation of small boys into manly activities?  Like trying to hammer nails down so we won't get stabbed by them.  I wanna know where the small 2yr old went that liked to help mommy clean stuff up? Oh, right...he never really existed but in my daydreams..




The empty space.  Whoohoo!  I had one rug and it is obviously not large enough for the space.  Good in that the area is larger than I thought.  Bad in that now I have to get more rugs.  The best news is that this only took 1 day, yes 1 day!  Thank you grandparent labor!  I am now doing the happy dance; well, the pregnant happy dance, it's a little slower.





YES, YES, YES!  Everything fits.  The loom, the sewing machine, a small bookshelf (may have to upgrade that, i own waaayy to many books to fit that...maybe the magazines could go there?).  Just need some floor lamps to increase the light and to bring up the small TV from the akron house so I can listen to movies while I play...

I will post updates as I get this space up and running.  But first, I must organize the mess this has created in the tiny 2nd - defunked kitchen (it has no stove but has an upright freezer, sink and cabinets), the larger area in the basement, the hobby room/glorified hallway, and of course the 3 season room.  Sigh, I wish I had another day of vacation.

Please NOTE:  Just because I have a studio space now does not mean I will not bring anything up to the living room to work on or play.  I mean the kids have their toys up there, the hubby has a laptop (ok, ok, so i use it more than he probably does but it's still his), and thusly I should be included in the living room play time.  And it has natural sunlight, a rare comodity in this elf-tiny house.

2 comments: