Friday, March 5, 2010

Busted

I was doing soo well last night.  I came home from work knowing I would have to keep myself up as late as I could because I am covering a 3rd shift (10pm - 8am) manager for the next 4 days.  So I made a list of what needed to be done and tried to be realistic on what could be accomplished.  I completed and/or made great strides in the list, GO ME!

And then it happened.  I found the warp I wanted to use for the baby's blanket I plan on weaving...dang it.  I was hoping it was buried deep in a pile of craftiness in that glorified hallway.  But nooooo, I apparently put it in a nice little baggy in the middle of a pile.  Crap.  So the last thing I did at 3:30am was to put it in the basket with the weft by the loom. 

The only reason I am awake now is this warp...I mean, I did wake up to my 2yr old at 7:30am coming to tell me he was awake.  All mothers know that this is a very important fact and must be shared with the mommy, daddy (seperately of course), the dog, and if they haven't run out of the room, the cats as well.  If the fishies were lower to the ground I think he would be telling them to.  So I laid there for a bit after "Im awake" was announced, allowed the lovely daddy here take care of the morning routine with the kid and then the 2nd one (still inside me) started to demand food or there would be no end to the acid reflux.  I believe this kid was meant to be a wrestler, he does seem to like to tangle with my tummy.  Its either born to be a wrestler or he really likes the chalk taste from tums.

So, instead of napping, instead of accomplishing something more on my list I am getting warp ready for the loom.  Maybe the craft goddess has hidden my hooky thing-a-ma-bob that takes the warp thru the heddles and beater...maybe that is where I am going to get caught at..hehe

Just one more hour of this and I promise, I promise mommy is going back to bed until the wee wrestler (aka parasite) holds my tummy as a hostage once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment