Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pin cushion sawppiness

I had an extremely hard time giving up this pin cushion.  In fact, I had to leave it at Craft Akron so I would not conviently forget it at home.

I made the pattern with muslim, put that together and stuffed it.  Then took 2 days to create the felted cover with merino wool from http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreenwoodFiberworks.  I handstitched it all together and then had fun making the bugs that crawl about on the pin cushion. 



I believe this was about 6 inches in diameter.  Not that I meant to make it so large but it just grew!


A dragonfly.  Soo cute, I need to add these to the flower barrettes I make, but I am not sure how they will hold up.



Top of the dragonfly.


Side view of the butterfly.



 Top view of the butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment