Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cotton Flower Design

This scarf and hat are only in existance because of a great friend Andi!  It was her Japanese book with the scarf design in it that started me off in this flower making craze.  The hat is my idea and I do need to tear it apart, it needs just one more flower in the 3rd row to fit correctly.  Then I will work on cleaning up my instructions so I can share it!





The flowers are crocheted and are out of what i had left of 'cotton ease'.  Which I think I bought at Joanne Fabrics.  I love the yarn, its nice and soft. 



6 petaled flowers are attached where you see the petals touch.  The downfall to this design is that each petal is tied seperately and then you have to weave in the ends.  It was time consuming and I have only made one other one for a swap.   

                                                   
This flower scarf was alot of fun to make.  I used 4 skeins of soy silk/wool mixed yarn.  I used a larger crochet hook and after I made all the flowers I threw them into the washing maching and felted them down.  I then spent a few nights putting it together and stitching in a few centers with maroon or yellow dmc floss.

3 comments:

  1. I adore those scarves! And the hat is pretty awesome, too!

    If you need help with your other Internet bloggy venture (Wordpress) let me know. That's what I run my blog on, and I'd be more than happy to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The felted scarf was amazing! It really came out beautiful. I can't wait to see how the hat turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see your instructions when you find some elusive spare time ;) I love that scarf and the flowers on it.

    ReplyDelete